All Maine Source HUD Code or Mobile homes are Energy Star compliant. Maine Source offers Modular Energy Star rated homes as an option. Contact us today to find out more!
Minimum Modular Energy Star Home Standards
- Must have a performance based(with blower door) HERS Rating of 80 or better. (Home Energy Rating System, a nationally recognized program for determining energy efficiency)
- Requires a well insuated home with proper air sealing
- Walls must be R-19 or better (Maine Source Standard) R21
- Ceilings must be R-38 or better
- Air Sealing must be done around all doors and windows
- Air Sealing must also be done where electrical/plumbing goes into conditioned spaces
- Pull Down Attic Stairs, Attic Hatch and Kneewall Doors must be insulated with a minimum 4" thick rigid foam cover or box that is tightly se4aled and weather-stripped
- Full size Attic Entry Doors leading from a conditioned walk-in attic or enclosed attic stairwell must be insulated and weather-stripped exterior rated door units.
- Boilers must have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) rating of 85% or greater
- Furnaces must have an AFUE rating of 90% or greater
- Energy Star Programmable Thermostats recommended
- System sized correctly for the conditioned space
- SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) Rating of 13 or greater
- Encouraged to install ductless systems to increase potential of obtaining the standards.
- Ducting system sealed very well to pass
Energy Star Rated Appliances and lighting (Consider using compact fluorescent lights instead of incandescent lights)
- Boiler System
- Must have indirect storage tank
- tand alone water heaters must have an Energy Factor of .6 or better
- Clothes Washer
- Room A/C unit(s)
- Central A/C
- Energy Star interior and exterior fixtures
- Energy Star ceiling fans
- Mechanical ventilation systems must be used to ensure safe indoor air quality
- With all fossil fuel heating systems, at least one carbon monoxide detector should be installed
- Home must have at least one bath fan exhausting to outdoors, rated for continuous operation, installed with a 24-hour timer and/or variable speed controller (rheostat) for automatic control. Bath fans used for this purpose must have a noise rating of 1.5 sones or less.
Manufactured Modular and Mobile Home Sales in Maine ME